On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 10:38:09AM -0500, Nate Carlson wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Jul 2002, Mike Horwath wrote:
> > > Only way I'd be comfortable reselling DSL is if it came from someone
> > > like Covad (SDSL), but since Covad's on shaky grounds.. *shrugs*.
> >
> > Huh?
> >
> > Reselling Qwest is great and dandy.  It works!
> >
> > Or are you talking about 'reselling services over Qwest DSL'?
>
> I meant using Qwest DSL as an upstream for a WISP, versus buying a T1.

Ah, K.

I don't know of any local ISp that allows such.

DSL would not be the right thing anyway for lotso reasons.

> > I don't know.
> >
> > If you are close to downdtown Minneapolis or St. Paul, your loop
> > charge wont' be high and we'll sell you a PtP T1 for $700/month plus
> > local loop, with loop charge of ~$100 in downtown, and under ~$200 for
> > within 5 miles.
>
> Yeah, $900 was a bit on the high side I guess.. :)

Perhaps, but it takes money to make money.

> > A T1 will feel better than cable.  Have you ever sat on one directly?
> >
> > :)
>
> But of course.  :)

Did you get burned?

:)

> > Higher speeds means for cheaper per Mbps charges.  Chicken and egg...
>
> Yup.

That's the hard part about most business ventures. :(

--
Mike Horwath           IRC: Drechsau         drechsau at Geeks.ORG
Home: 763-540-6815  1901 Sumter Ave N, Golden Valley, MN  55427