I was reading some info on the GSM specs about a week ago, and it said:

Phase and frequency synchronization must allow for Doppler shift for vehicle
speeds up to 250km/h as well as for frequency standard drift, and timing
advance to compensate for propagation delay due to round trips for paths, in
cells up to 35km radius.

The carrier frequencies are spaced 200khz apart.  Since it's late, I don't
really want to figure out how much the doppler shift is, but I would assume
that it's enough to where it's possible to get too close to one of the other
frequencies used.

Jay