if i might interject here - i believe that there are mechanisms which
might be useful for folks that want to host access points for a co-op
but are concerned about violation of their AUP.

a discussion of tunneling mechanisms might be in order for our next
meeting.  they definitely violate the intent (and quite likely the
explicit wording) of an AUP but may provide a mechanism for working
around some thorny issues.

when last we saw our hero (Tuesday, Jul 23, 2002),
 Daniel Taylor was madly tapping out: