> > BGP is typically used as an external routing protocol.  The only
> > reason you would want to run BGP internally is if you have a large
> > network with internet connections all over in different
> places, then
> > you could propagate your BGP tables internally and traffic would
> > always leave the network at the best internet connection
> for the network you are trying to reach.
>
> 	you know, that does actually sound like what we're
> trying to do. :) (at least as I see it).

Yeah, but the problem here is that you are unlikely to convince your ISP to
give you a BGP session over your DSL or cable modem.  So running BGP on your
internal network will do you no good if you can't get tables from the
outside world.  We'd need to get a bunch of T1's for this to work.  Also,
we'd need to get routers which could actually run BGP without pegging the
CPU, and lots of memory or we'll have to summarize the tables quite a bit.
Zebra supports BGP, but in my experience, Zebra is flaky.  I haven't used
BGP with it, but with OSPF and RIP, it has problems.

Jay