On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, steve ulrich <sulrich at botwerks.org> wrote:

> until recently (after my query on this matter) this list required
> "approval".  the confirmation requirement is a no brainer.  i believe
> that bob's comments were directed at the spambots being able to handle
> the confirmation process.

I wasn't sure if that was what he meant, but if so, I'm wondering (a) how
many spambots can use that trick (and why don't I see spam on all the
lists I'm on that only require a confirm), and (b) your question about
what process the human uses before approving (that will be effective in
excluding spambots and letting real people through).

--
Brent J. Nordquist <brent at nordist.net> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://www.nordist.net/contact.html