Just in time for tonight's meeting (I hope), here's
the tabulation of my roll-call for people interested
in working towards the two broad goals of an independant
metro wireless network, and coordinated hotspot deployment.

I had to interpolate some replies, so apologies in advance
for any mistakes. Perhaps these groups can take some
time to get together at/after tonight's meeting.

        1. A metro-wide network, capable of
           moving bits independant of existing
           wired networks.

           The goal is to create a stand-alone,
           free, network capable of moving large
           numbers of bits around the Twin Cities;
           including areas where broad-band is not
           a viable option.

           This network may host services such as
           ftp servers, gaming servers, etc etc.

Dan Taylor <dante AT plethora DOT net>
Scott Dier <dieman AT ringworld DOT org>
Erik Jacobson <erikj AT tdkt DOT org>
Mike Bresnahan <mbresnah AT visi DOT com>

        2. Coordinated hot-spot deployment.

           The goal is to provide wireless Internet
           access throughout the Twin Cities. Upstream
           connection from the hot-spot to the Internet
           may be wired or wireless. Provide a common
           authentication interface, and standardised
           client configs.

Dan Taylor <dante AT plethora DOT net>
Kent Ritchie <kritchie AT kritchie DOT org>
steve ulrich <sulrich AT botwerks DOT org>
Richard T Nechanicky <v0key AT yahoo DOT com>
Matthew Genelin <mgenelin AT cs.umn DOT edu>
Mike Bresnahan <mbresnah AT visi DOT com>
Andy Warner <andyw AT pobox DOT com>

andyw at pobox.com

Andy Warner		Voice: (612) 801-8549	Fax: (208) 575-5634