----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy Warner" <andyw at pobox.com>
To: <tcwug-list at tcwug.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 4:45 PM
Subject: Re: [TCWUG] Hotspots

> Matthew S. Hallacy wrote:
> > Anyone with a hotspot that's open to the public please send me the
> > following:
> >
> > Street Address or GPS Coordinates
> > SSID
>
> N 44.922967 W 93.33327
> SSID: Open
> Externally mounted WAP11, chimney mounted 8dBi omni, 8' of 1/2" Heliax.
>
> I'm not completely sure I understand why we're re-inventing the
> mapping/cataloging wheel here. What were the issues with simply
> using an existing engine/database like the personal telco one ?
> --
> andyw at pobox.com
>
> Andy Warner Voice: (612) 801-8549 Fax: (208) 575-5634

Andy, Did you ever take pictures of that thing getting mounted? I'm very
interested in how it went. Also, can you draw up some schematics for me, on
your little switched power regulator? I'd like to construct similar.

(8' of heliax?? Thought it was mast mounted and didn't need more than 12" of
it?)

Alex Hartman - goober at goobe.net
PGP Key fingerprint = 26 41 19 56 19 81 E2 BC  EE C8 1D F4 DB B8 ED B8
"All in all is all we all are..." -Kurt Cobain RIP 1967-1994