On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 04:45:05PM -0500, Andy Warner wrote:

> 	N 44.922967 W 93.33327
> 	SSID: Open
> 	Externally mounted WAP11, chimney mounted 8dBi omni, 8' of 1/2" Heliax.
>
> I'm not completely sure I understand why we're re-inventing the
> mapping/cataloging wheel here. What were the issues with simply
> using an existing engine/database like the personal telco one ?

At the moment I'm gathering data points, so far we've found out that
Steve Ulrich lives a few blocks from someone from the meeting, and that
his in-laws live practically next door to another person at the meeting.

Having initial datapoints on a map will spur further activity in the
group IMO =)

The mapping server at personaltelco looks like a good starting point,
I think I'll go set it up now.

http://techmonkeys.org/~poptix                  GPG public key 0x01938203