On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 05:33:36PM -0500, Andy Warner wrote:

> Speak up Matt. If that's what you're planning, I can supply lat/long/sig/noise
> plots for this AP, and you can save the gas.

It depends on how much data, and what format for if it'll be usable.

> >  We're not inventing any wheels here; we're simply using (and improving?)
> > the ones other people invented -- kismet & gpsdrive, et al -- which paint
> > a clearer picture.
>
> I'll take issue that kismet graphs really show meaningful
> coverage (hearing one packet does not mean that you can
> associate, or move data), but if you guys have the time,
> go ahead.

The range graphs are obviously simply the range in which the noise propogates,
but the radiation graphs are much more useful and correct..

http://www.poptix.net/gallery/radiation

Although, you do need to have a sufficient data to make a good map, and
when you're zoomed out too far it's inaccurate
ie: http://www.poptix.net/gallery/boundary/all_radiation

=)

http://techmonkeys.org/~poptix                  GPG public key 0x01938203