I don't think I've received any new posts in my e-mail today, so I'm wondering if it's still working.

If it is, I have some questions for everyone.  I'm using a BEFW11S4 V.2 and a WAP11 V.3.  Linksys recently came out with a new firmware for the AP and a new driver for the card.  The firmware upgrade went without any hitches, but it also wiped out all of my previous settings.  The biggest problem was that I use port forwarding so I can PCAnywhere into my computer at home from work.  I had quite a few settings inputted into the port forwarding of the web page interface and now I need to reinput them in order for everything to work.  Unfortunately, Linksys does not tell you this in their instructions for upgrading your firmware.  Does anyone know if there is a file that remains after upgrading that contains all of these settings?  BTW, the card driver upgrade does the same thing in that it wipes out all of your TCP/IP settings, so you need to reinput them as well.

This is my first post to the TCWUG and I've had a great time reading about what everyone is doing to try and get wireless access on a large scale in the TC's.  Also, I use WinXP and not Linux(please don't hate me).  It seems like a lot of the posts are in regards to Linux, and I think that might scare some of the non-technos from getting involved.  I think if the site was made a little more friendly for them, we might get more people inputting their AP's to the map and that might make a bigger network more possible.

There are a lot of intelligent, knowledgeable people that post to this site, and I believe that if we can help people that are new to wireless, we can create a great wireless community.