On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 07:24:36PM -0500, Brian Krebs wrote:
>I don't think I've received any new posts in my e-mail today, so I'm wondering if it's still working.

yes it is, your email client is just VERY broken.
>If it is, I have some questions for everyone.  I'm using a BEFW11S4 V.2 and a WAP11 V.3.  Linksys recently came out with a new firmware for the AP and a new driver for the card.  The firmware upgrade went without any hitches, but it also wiped out all of my previous settings.  The biggest problem was that I use port forwarding so I can PCAnywhere into my computer at home from work.  I had quite a few settings inputted into the port forwarding of the web page interface and now I need to reinput them in order for everything to work.  Unfortunately, Linksys does not tell you this in their instructions for upgrading your firmware.  Does anyone know if there is a file that remains after upgrading that contains all of these settings?  BTW, the card driver upgrade does the same thing in that it wipes out all of your TCP/IP settings, so you need to reinput them as well.

PLEASE TURN OFF HTML IN YOUR EMAIL CLIENT. IT MAKES YOUR POST HARD TO
READ. KIND OF LIKE WHEN PEOPLE TYPE IN ALL CAPS. :)

Anyway, if you stay interested ( which I hope you do) and active on the
list you will want to "mind your manners a little". I mean this in the
most minnesotan of ways.  Alot of folkes on the list do not use outlook
to view mail. And viewing html mail in "sane" email clients is kind of a
PITA ( pain in the ass ).  So, welcome to TCWUG, leave your html mail at
the office.
>This is my first post to the TCWUG and I've had a great time reading about what everyone is doing to try and get wireless access on a large scale in the TC's.  Also, I use WinXP and not Linux(please don't hate me).  It seems like a lot of the posts are in regards to Linux, and I think that might scare some of the non-technos from getting involved.  I think if the site was made a little more friendly for them, we might get more people inputting their AP's to the map and that might make a bigger network more possible.
>
>There are a lot of intelligent, knowledgeable people that post to this site, and I believe that if we can help people that are new to wireless, we can create a great wireless community.

FYI, there is a utilitly that will save your current configuration
somewhere on that Linksys.  I think it is on, or near the upgrade
firmware tab in the configuration screen.  Live and learn ( I am
speaking from experience on mucking up things and learning the hard way.
) that is the only/best way.  For PCAnywhere to work you need to open
two ports on your firewall (both udp and tcp). ( The WAP11 in your case. ) By default
PCAnywhere uses ports 5631 (data) 5632 (status).  You can change the
default behaviour of PCAnywhere to use any two ports you choose.  The
help menu and the symantec.com web-site can guide you through that.

As far as your card goes, enable dhcp on your Linksys and set your
client to accept dhcp leases.

Backups == good
:-)
--
                	--*--SpencerUnderground--*--
http://autonomous.tv/			       spencer at autonomous.tv
Key fingerprint = 173B 8760 E59F DBF8 6FD2  68F8 ABA2 AB08 49C7 4754