Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 11:37:07 -0700
From: Hugh Daniel <hugh at road.toad.com>
To: users at lists.freeswan.org, design at lists.freeswan.org
Subject: [Design] FreeS/WAN OLS WAVEsec plans

  The Linux FreeS/WAN team will be doing several interesting things
focused on the OLS conference in Ottawa the week after next.  Maybe
our primary activity we will be setting up the OLS conference with
"WAVEsec" security on the 802.11b (Wi-Fi) for the week.

  Sometime next week we will ship the freeswan-1.98 release which will
not only fix many known bugs but will be able to operate with WAVEsec
boxes cleanly (once slightly configured...).

  If you are going to OLS you might first compile and install 1.98 on
your laptop and setup you base dynamic DNS and forward DNS systems with
your KEY RR's such that you can assume your home host identity at
OLS.

  Details for much of this are explained on the WAVEsec webpages over
at:

http://www.wavesec.org/

though we expect that pages to be changing over the week (your help on
documentation would be quite valuable, we are quite busy with basic
IPsec work already...) as we work out kinks and details.

  One last note is that we will be running OLS in "infrastructural
mode" and not in 'appendix mode' as we have done at previous
conferences.

  We will be helping people setup WAVEsec laptops throughout the week,
but if you read up on the website first you can show up and just make
you laptop work, securely, from the get go if you have FreeS/WAN and
the list already installed!

  As things get worked out we will post more details to the website.

		hugh at freeswan.org

			Systems Testing & Project mis-Management
			The Linux FreeS/WAN Project
			http://www.freeswan.org

Pretty Good Privacy(tm) Version 6.5.8
(c) 1999 Network Associates Inc.
Uses the RSAREF(tm) Toolkit, which is copyright RSA Data Security, Inc.
Export of this software may be restricted by the U.S. government.

File is signed.  signature not checked.
Signature made 2002/06/14 18:37 GMT
key does not meet validity threshold.

WARNING:  Because this public key is not certified with a trusted
signature, it is not known with high confidence that this public key
actually belongs to: "(KeyID: 0x7B141411)".