Hey Steve-

	You're right. It seems I glossed over the need for immediate
satisfaction as a core requirement for a hobby-project. Let's begin
traveling down option #2.

	There might be some interesting engineering challenges creating
"hotspots" as well. Perhaps we could get more people and companies on
board to setup psudo-public "hotspots" if we guaranteed that the users
wouldn't use up too much bandwidth.

	Does this sort of promise lead the group down a path of setting up
our own virtual-tunneled network? That right there sounds like a good
engineering project. Setting up each node and maintaining them is also a
worthwhile endevour for members of TC-WUG not interested in the
"way-too-techie" side of things.

	Okie, that's one suggestion. How does the rest of the group see
it?

> i'm happy to lend energies to either of the above projects, however i
> think that we'll see the greatest satisfaction from door #2 more
> immediately and we'll have an excuse to move to door #1 down the line.

	[much omitted here and there...]

Regards,
---Matthew Genelin---
 ---//\/\atthew  (|_;enelin---

- Matthew Genelin                     (612) 636-2472 (cell)    -
- Engineering Student                 (651) 636-1842 (parents) -
- University of Minnesota, TC         n0ynt at amsat.org          -
Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, but when they lit a
fire in the craft, it sank, proving one again that you can't
have your kayak and heat it, too.
                                    - Jim Ley's Joke List