> This is because Kismet doesn't do any channel hopping itself, you need
> to use either the included scripts (prism2_hopper, etc) or run something
> like prismstumbler in the background that hops channels.
>

> This is all in the documentation, kismet is a great program.

Ok, I finally found mention of prism2_hopper after downloading kimset 2.0
tarball.  The script appears to have been added in version 1.5.  I was using
version 1.4.2, thus my documentation/README did not mention it.  Thanks for
the lead.

Can someone satsify my curiosity as to why the channel hopping functionality
is implemented as a seperate process, rather than being part of the kismet
server?

Mike Bresnahan