On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 09:42:29PM -0500, Mike Bresnahan wrote:

> Can someone satsify my curiosity as to why the channel hopping functionality
> is implemented as a seperate process, rather than being part of the kismet
> server?

Because Kismet works with just about any card you can throw at it, including
cards that you can't manually hop on (ie: Cisco, some others), these cards
have a less suitable built in 'hopping' mode that tends to gravitate towards
noisy channels (giving you a less accurate picture of what traffic there is
in the area).

Kismet simply listens on the interface for raw 802.11b frames, and goes from
there.

http://techmonkeys.org/~poptix                  GPG public key 0x01938203