Asim Beg (Hotmail) wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can buy a mini-pci 802.11b card with the prism
> chipset. I am looking for an online store.

Here are two manufacturers that I know of:

	o actiontec
	  http://www.actiontec.com/products/broadband/80211bminipci/80211bminipci_overview.html

	o ambit
	  http://www.ambit.com.tw/product/com/wireless-product/index.htm

	  (no link there to Mini PCI, but I know they exist.)

I don't know how you'd go about obtaining onesy-twosy quantities of
these, none of their distributers carry the mini-pci cards as far
as I know.

The simplest route (albeit not the cheapest, which is probably to
rip apart a Linksys WPC11, which you've said you don't want to do,
but I can't say I understand unless you're talking serious
quantities) might be to get one as a laptop accessory. One or
more of these are probably simply relabeled versions of one of
the above, but you could try locating:

	Dell TrueMobile 1150 Series Mini-PCI Card
	Fujitsu Mini PCI module model# MBH7WL01-M
	Gateway MiniPCI Model# 6001931
	Hewlett-Packard Wireless LAN Mini PCI Card 802MIP
	IBM ThinkPad 802.11b Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Adapter with 56K Modem
	NEC MiniPCI part#  853-910563
	Quanta Model # MiniPCI Wireless LAN Card/WMI
	Sony PCG-Series MiniPCI Card
	Toshiba MiniPCI Model # PA3171U-1MPC
	Toshiba Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Card / PA3070U-1MPC

Also look out for:

	Intersil Prism III MiniPCI Module model# 37200M
	Cisco Aironet 350 Series Mini-PCI (MPI350)

The above list was taken from the wifi certification page
(http://www.wirelessethernet.org/certified_products.asp)

Let us know what you find, where you found it and how much it
cost you. For instance, adding a Mini-PCI 802.11b adapter when
you order a Dell laptop adds $99, but I'll bet you can't get it
after-market from Dell that cheaply.
andyw at pobox.com

Andy Warner		Voice: (612) 801-8549	Fax: (208) 575-5634