I am trying to overcome a distance barrier within my apartment building
and am wondering if anyone has an indoor omni antenna and pigtail to a
Linksys BEFW11S4 that I could borrow for a night or two the first week in
June.

I seem to be about 20 - 30 feet short of usable range.  Would putting a
higher gain antenna on the AP most likely overcome this?  I would presume
that it would boost power to the client, but would it also be more
sensitive to the client's signal?  I am hoping to avoid putting an
external antenna on my Orinoco Gold PC Card.

I would like to try to find a solution before plunking down the money for
an antenna and cable.

Thanks!

Kent Ritchie         kritchie at kritchie.org      +1 612/875-3560
Web: www.kritchie.org  AIM: foo2bar YIM: kcritchie MSN: foo2bar