On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 01:52:00PM -0500, steve ulrich wrote:

>my concern here is that there are some organizations that want to make
>sure that we have an open and interactive user group that is really
>flourishing.  in turn they will give us good discounts on things and
>help us to interface with other user groups that may be doing the same
>thing.

Discounts! What? I've never ever seen any evidence of this on any list I've
been on. Who cares what "Organizations" think. The list is for users of the
technology to discuss things, not proliferate thier damnable spam.

There's nothing non-open about the list, the archives are publicly visible,
and anyone can subscribe. It's just a check to make sure those corporations
who support spam as a viable advertising medium can't load our mailboxen
with useless unsolicited email.
--
Ben Lutgens				 | http://people.sistina.com/~blutgens/
System Administrator	 | http://www.sistina.com/

"I got a wife and kids too but you don't see me out here stealing Imperial
Droids now do ya?"