neal -

it sounds like you're pushing for a coordinated hotspot deployment.

i think that the goal behind moos is to create a mesh of backbone
elements that can be used in the fashion that you discussed at the
meeting where matt and ben proposed the moos tower deployment.

i don't know that we need to place any emphasis on network security
beyond securing the network elements themselves and any authentication
infrastructure.  folks need to secure their own traffic (ss{l,h},
ipsec, etc).

when last we saw our hero (Wednesday, Oct 16, 2002),
 Neal was madly tapping out:

steve ulrich                       sulrich at botwerks.org
PGP: 8D0B 0EE9 E700 A6CF ABA7  AE5F 4FD4 07C9 133B FAFC