Is your data useful or conclusive?  I don't see your connection to the problems that
were experienced, nor did I see your statement of your observed resolution of any of
those.

I never had a problem there with plain vanilla 802.11b  Don't believe anybody else did
either.

I think most of the problems ever reported were Apple products that have an 802.11g card
Those would not connect there at 11MHz.  Somebody also had a problem losing packets with
a Linksys 54MHz card.

Chuck