On Dec 7, 2003, at 12:00 AM, Chuck Cole wrote:
> Is your data useful or conclusive?  I don't see your connection to the
> problems that
> were experienced, nor did I see your statement of your observed
> resolution of any of
> those.
>
> I never had a problem there with plain vanilla 802.11b  Don't believe
> anybody else did
> either.
>
> I think most of the problems ever reported were Apple products that
> have an 802.11g card
> Those would not connect there at 11MHz.  Somebody also had a problem
> losing packets with
> a Linksys 54MHz card.

In my testing with Greg at SurfThing, I could join the network, get an
address via DHCP, ping other hosts on the network, and even could see
broadcast traffic on the network.  What I could not do was ping the
gateway.  This testing was done at Dunn on Como in St. Anthony Park.
It seems like a firmware issue on the router that provides NAT on the
network.  I was able to use the SurfThing network at Dunn at the Mall
of America just fine.  Perhaps the firmware/router has been
upgraded/swapped out at Dunn on 3rd?

cheers!

--
Ted Rattei