You know what guys, this is getting old. I happen to run a small
wireless ISP west of the cities, I'm on mailing lists full of people
who also run wireless ISP's.

The government should not be competing against the private sector
99.999% of the time, the Twin Cities area has more than sufficient
internet access options, and what is being proposed is a huge waste
of tax dollars.

Broadband is $20/mo for DSL from companies like MSN, $42.95 for faster
service from the likes of Comcast or RoadRunner. If you can't afford that
then perhaps you need to GET A JOB, or visit the public library for your
downloading needs.

If St Paul really has issues with lack of "quality" broadband they should
terminate their contract with comcast to run their cable network and find
someone else that will do it to their liking.

I challenge you all to consider what would happen to *your* job if the
government came in and started using your own tax dollars to compete with you.

And stop blaming the big bad monopolies, your local city council are the
ones giving them free reign over the cable networks. Your state and federal
goverments are the ones giving them corporate welfare that lets them undercut
the prices of local competition, and YOU are the ones electing those
government officials. Blame yourself.