the factory, and sets the max power on each unit to what it can put out
within FCC regulations.

I've done this hack, and it does greatly increase range -- but is the cost
worth it? I think not.. unless you really don't mind killing everything in
the frequency range.  :)  (Basically, if you're on channel 6, you'll see
traffic on 1-11 from this radio..)

> While we're on the subject of WAP11's - does anyone have a config util
> that permits you to control the antenna diversity. I think the old
> utilities used to, but all the recent ones don't seem to offer that
> option. The Atmel MIB doesn't even mention antenna diversity that I
> can see. I want to hook one up to an external antenna, and while I
> think it'll be fine if I just terminate the unused port, I'd like to
> do it right(tm) if I can.

Hmm.. the second-to-most-recent USB utility did.. they removed that?
That's lame. Maybe people didn't understand diversity and thought they
could have one antenna for inside and one for outside or something.. :)
Have you tried the Atmel utility?