Looking for any thoughts, opinions or (prefereably) real world usage
stories of wireless point to point gear. It would be for a short
distance, pretty much across the street, but need it to be reliable and
stock, don't really want to go the custom firmware on a WRT54G with a
Pringles can antenna route.

I'm looking at Proxim's 5.8 GHz gear, which claims a 20Mbps throughput,
so I'm assuming I should be able to get a reliable 5 - 10. The
QuickBridge 20 Wireless Outdoor Bridge seems like a good solution for a
couple grand. How much would weather have an impact on something like this?

Thanks,
Josh