I can use airmon-ng just fine to get my dongle into monitor mode, but
it seems that airodump-ng now tries to put the wlan0 interface into
monitor mode also, and it's failing with "Error setting monitor mode
on wlan0"  The old airodump didn't try to put the card into monitor
mode, but relied upon the user to do it manually.

Any ideas on how to fix this?  It appears there are no options in
airodump-ng to tell it not to attempt to put the card into monitor
mode, so I'm not sure what's going wrong.  There is no other output
except for this error message above.

~jay