The original post asked about information to

" implement a mesh network in the neighborhood around a
fixed address like a school. The goal would be to provide free
Internet access primarily for apartment residents"

He never said anything about the greater TC area.. it sounds like he was thinking of providing access over a few blocks fixed around a central point.. pretty big difference.