Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

(ASCEND) DMS-100 and busy for data calls--still no fix?

     After searching the mailing list for a while, I still feel the need to
     pose the question, sorry if this is beating the horse....anyway...

     I have a user in Louisiana that just got ISDN service and has voice
     mail on the channel B1. He gets messages if he's on the B1 with a
     voice call, but gets the busy if his B1 is a data call.

     The DMS-100 IS differentiating between voice and data and won't let
     the data busy bounce the caller back to voice mail.

     This wouldn't be an issue if the user's data calls would initiate on
     the B2, as I've read they should. So, two questions;

     1) will the p75 grab B2 first if both channels are idle.

        The only answer I've seen so far is 'switch your SPIDS in Mynum A
        to B.'

     2) Is Bell South's DMS-100 configurable to NOT differentiate V&D when
        B1's busy, so that my user can get voice mail during the data call
        on B1.