Re: (ASCEND) mysterious pipeline reboot

No, I havent been doing anything weird at all on it, its just sitting there.
Since the last e-mail, the Pipe has been re-booting about every hour or so,
and losing the isdn lines about every 15-20 minutes.  When it drops the lines,

it recovers very quickly, and is connected back up in seconds.  If I check the

syslog to see, all it says is :
- Syslog Message: "<134>ASCEND: slot 2 port 2, Call Terminated"
- Syslog Message: "<134>ASCEND: slot 2 port 1, Call Terminated"

Now, I have called US West on this, due to the fact that we've had *severe*
problems with the isdn line in the past, namely it took them over 1 year to
get us a stable line.  But since then, all has been fine with the line stayed
up for around 21 days at a timem, for the past couple of months.  Considering
past history, my first guess is that a card went bad on US West's end in the
central office or some such.  But, as usual, when I called, the first response

from them was that it could be a whole wide range of issues, from a bad jack,
to the router, to wiring on our end, so on and so forth.... So, im seeking to
try to eliminate all possible problems before speaking to them again on
Monday.

Could excessive crc errors, due to a bad isdn line cause the Pipe to reboot,
or to leak memory like you say?  Or would a possible memory leak be due to
some other issue, not related to the line?

Thanks,

David