(ASCEND) Pipeline 75 won't sync on line

Well my problems seem to have started a few months ago with a Pipeline 75
version 1 that would bounce its connection to my provider all the time and
lose Link State on the line itself very often.  It got to a point where
the unit wouldn't even Sync on the line anymore.  Ascend said to RMA it.
Well after waiting what in Ascend world may be 10 days, in my world would
be at least 25, I get a brand new Ascend Pipeline 75 version 1.  So I plug
it in and guess what nothing changes.  In the mean while I had been
running a Cisco 766 which works like a beauty on the line.  Never looses
connection, sync's just fine and everything is dandy.  After having the
local phone company(AMERITECH) come out and sync up right off of my jack
with the line and run error checking and everything running clean, even
switching the pairs that my line is on, just for the hell of it.  Nothing
has changed.  This lead me to believe that it may be a voltage problem
because most of the haul across my house was on unrated cable and I
thought maybe Ameritech was loading up on new phone lines in my
neighborhood and the line voltage was down.  So needless to say there is
one cable run on Cat. 3 from the DeMarc to the RJ68 by my pipeline.  Welp,
guess what that wasn't it.  So basically I am lost, any other units I have
tried, Cisco 760 series, Bay Networks ISDN thing, have synced on the line
fine.  The local telco is Ameritech.  The switch is a 5ESS in National
ISDN mode.  It is provisioned 2b+1q, with ACO=unrestricted, CSV=2, CSD=2,
etc.. etc...  This setup worked for over a year straight and then one week
went from good to nothing.  I really need to get this resolved, what is so
different about the pipeline than any other unit that syncs on the line
including the telco gear.  Why did it work fine then just flat out quit?
				Blake Cooper

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Blake Cooper						blake@blake.gen.il.us

"And now that I'm running my life support equipment through
   Windows 95, I'll never have to worry about-- beeeeeeeep..."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx