Re: (ASCEND) NAT question

I'm still trying to understand what you are doing but i think i have it.
I think you may be having the problem since you are using NAT addressed on
the LAN and Net addresses on the 2nd Adrs. Try to swap them and see what
happens?

I had a similar problem once and i had to resolve it with a proxy server.
In my situation i had a IPX LAN (machines a - z) however about 4 machines
had IPs and were part of a Private WAN (machines a-d). My job was to use a
P50 to give every machine NET access. I thought about using NAT on some
machines while giving real IP to other machines but i was told that was
impossible.

ultimately what i came up with was giving the server machine IPs from the
private and public ranges and running a proxy on it. no need for NAT after
all.

Leon McCalla
leon@caribbeanlink.com