Re: (ASCEND) Secure Access Firewall

Be aware that once your firewall IS enabled you will not be able to
update it if tftp is not enabled for the router.  In my case, I have to
disable, reboot, update, enable, reboot.  This is true at least when
running Secure Access Manager from the WAN side.

Also, I have had no luck enabling anti-spoof protection.  It seems to
simply block all traffic.

Make sure you check all entries in the incoming and outgoing side,
especially if you use one of the examples as a template.  There could be
some bogus addresses in there.

Overall, as they state, that which is not explicity enabled is disabled by
default.

On Fri, 6 Feb 1998 Mitchell.Arnone@occ.treas.gov wrote:

> I just purchased the Secure Access Firewall for my TNTs and Pipeline 75s.
> I am aware of the basics surrounding firewalls but I have never constructed
> one.
>
> Does anyone have recommendations on implementation of Ascend's Secure
> Access Firewall, good books to read, classes to attend, tricks of the trade,
>  and or pitfalls to steer away from.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mitch
> ++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++

Miles Lott		-|-	"...and I did it all from my
milos@insync.net	-|-	 one bedroom apartment!
Unix Sys Admin@KPRCTV	-|-	 It is soooo eeeezy!"