(ASCEND) Pipeline stops routing

I've had this problem with a few routers, but have never found a fix for
it.  The pipeline will work as planned most of the time, bringing up and
dropping the call as it should, but sometimes it will just stop routing.
A software or hardware reset will cause it to start working again.  WAN
packets are still transferred, and the B channels are up, but the ALU/CLU
drop to zero even though data is trying make it through.  I have tried
many firmware updates to no avail.  It is not feasible to keep resetting
the routers.  It usually starts doing this after a couple hours of running
just fine.