RE: (ASCEND) Ascent Radius Attributes - clarification

Steve,

The advice you received to run 1.0Ai3 was valid at the time.
However, the latest version of Access Control is 1.0Ai9.
There have been some modifications along the way to alter
 the mechanism AAC uses to interact with NT for WinNT
database authentication.

You should be able to build a profile with Authentication-Type = WinNT
if you want to authenticate against the NT users database.

Prior to 1.0Ai7, the right to 'Log on Locally' was required in the NT users
profile.
This may be preventing you from getting this to work with 1.0Ai3.

My advice would be to upgrade to 1.0Ai9 to benefit from this change and
also
a number of other enhancements to AAC functionality and stability on the
NT platform.

Willie Meagher
Ascend Customer Service

Steve LaDuke <steve_laduke @ tuttle.com> on 01/15/98 08:47:59 AM