Re: (ASCEND) Woopeee... 56k ITU Decision (fwd)

My two cents,

  >>Also, many will be happy to know that (the draft at least) V.90
  >>does NOT include the V.8bis "burp tone" that has been tripping
  >>many legacy modems on connecting.
  >
  >Of course, there is still the implementation question on how to
  >maintain backwards compatibility with K56flex modems that do require
  >it...  We'll see.

They won't be able to `include' the V.8bis tone in their V.90
implementation unless they're going after "V.90Flex."

If the agreement does not allow for such an inclusion, as I believe it
doesn't, they can't burp.  Therefore the "burp tone," may even be
undesirable, not optional.  (Thought this was what MZ meant?)

junichi