Re: (ASCEND) LT WIN MODEM

At 10:08 PM 2/10/98 EST, MKeoghjr@aol.com wrote:
>JUST BOUGHT A NEW COMPUTER AND THE MODEM THAT'S INSTALLED IS A LT WIN MODEM.
>IS THERE A SOFTWARE UPGRADE TO GET TO 56K? I USE AOL AND HAVE NOT BEEN
ABLE TO
>CONNECT AT A HIGHER SPEED THAN 24K. IS THIS A COMMON PROBLEM? IF SOFTWARE UP
>GRADE EXIST WHERE CAN I FIND IT. PLEASE CONTACT ME AT MKEOGHJR@AOL.COM

We have tested the latest firmware (1.3.07) from the compaq website:

http://www.compaq.com/support/files/CPD/modem/56k/presario_desk.html

We have tested with our local PBX lines and see no problems there.
Connect at 50k and stay connected without problems.  Rockwell has also
had success testing with this modem.

Kevin