Re: (ASCEND) sick of lost of route problem with max4k

We have been fighting this exact same problem for the last few days.  We have
two different people who have the same setup - a three computer network with one
 Linux box with a modem as a router.  Both setups have a 6 address subnet.  Both
 setups are almost identical - both RedHat 5, both Diamond SupraExpress, both ha
ve the other two computers set up as win95 machines, accessing the net with a tr
ue ip address using  the Linux machine as a router.

This morning at 5am, sirens went off, and one setup was discovered to have lost
it's route in the max 4000 - the other setup, identical except for addresses, ke
pt it's route.

Why?!?!  We can find no problem with the configuration.  When it works, it works
 pretty well, however, when the Max loses the route for the Linux box, everythin
g dies.  Of course, the kicker is that only one of the setups loses the route -
the Max keeps the route for the other!

If anyone knows what could be going on, please let me know!