Re: (ASCEND) sick of lost of route problem with max4k

I just read up the notes on this case, and I wonder just how many people
may have the same kind of setup. It seems a few simple (apparently logical)
errors in the configuration could leave the system half-working like this.

Would you care to share with us what the problem was in the end, so that
we have closure on this and a "solution" in the mailing list archives.

Thanks!

Kevin

At 05:29 PM 1/29/98 -0800, Terrelle Shaw wrote:
>Ok.. im just about through.. I have been trying for two years ( mar.'96)
since
>software 4.6B ( now at 5.0ap38) to set and get a static ip connection profile
>to be stable. What lines in the connection profile on the max4000 do you use
>when configuring a dial up client? It seems that the max4000 after a few days
>of use refuses to pass any packets beyond it self to or from the client. This
>REALLY bugs me.. if seems also that if i reboot.. i can get past it again,
but
>shortly ( sometimes hours, othertimes days) the MAX seems to once again, STOp
>forwarding any packets either from or to the dial up client.. the only
place i
>can always get to when this happens is to the MAX. mind you this has been
>happeing since 4.6B ( when i first got the max)
>
>So it leads me to believe I'm doing something wrong.. i thought the only
place
>i would have to put the static ip in the connection profile for the dial up
>user would be in the LAN IP line.. maybe im wrong.. if not there where?
This is