Re: (ASCEND) Woopeee... 56k ITU Decision (fwd)

On Mon, 9 Feb 1998 ascend@digistar.com wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Feb 1998, Jason Nealis wrote:
>
> > Will Ascend have enough room on the DSP's for
>
> > V.FAST
> > V.FC
>
> bleh - screw v.fast.  v.fc/v.fast sux :)  I dealt with that
> Christless-protocol when I ran a BBS.  I wound up disabling v.fc/v.fast.

 I agree, If I had my choice I would have tossed out those protocols
about 18 months ago, but, As we support them now, then users expect us
to support them later, It's kinda hard to explain to a user why their
modem use to connect at 28.8 yesterday and today is maintaining a 300
baud connection, As much as I would love to say "It's cause you modem
blows chunks", I just can't do that :)

Jason Nealis
Director Internet Operations
Network Access