Re: (ASCEND) Software for a P400

At 11:04 AM 2/11/98 -0800, Patrick Lawrence wrote:

>What and where is the latest release for a P400?  I looked in
>ftp://ftp.ascend.com/pub/Software-Releases/Pipeline and while P400
>releases are supposed to be there, there were none.

Which P400?

The P400 has basically been discontinued, with one exception - the P400T
which is setup to support T1 D&I functionality. I don't know if we even
sell them any more ;-)

The software was basically frozen as far as features were concerned with
the 4.6C level, and given a bunch of patch upgrades. There were some
attempts to add new features in the incremental branch, but it became
evident that the P400 is too resource (memory) limited to support the
5.0A feature set.

Hence the latest release we recommend is 4.6Cp22.
There is a 4.6Ci28, but I would not recommend using it.

Kevin