(ASCEND) Nailed Connections and MAX 2K's

Hello group + Kevin,

Suppose I had a bunch of MAX 2K's.  And suppose I had several 56K and Frac
T "nailed" connections comming into those MAXen.  And suppose I wanted said
"nailed" connections to actually hold for an extended period of time and
not have to reboot the end routers or the MAXen several times a week
everytime the supposed "nailed" connection went down (not because the telco
had problems).

Has anyone else had any major problems with Ascend and Nailed connections.
When someone speaks of a nailed connection, I typically think of a circuit
nailed up 24/7 and should not have any problems unless the telco has
problems.  But I have to manually reboot these damn routers just about
daily because the connections wont hold.  Or if you look at the profile it
is "holding" fine but if you actually try to pass traffic across it, you
get nothing and have to reset the "nailed" connection.

For this particular situation what would be the best configuration to keep
these nailed circuits up?  Most are running 5.0p11, some 5.0p27.  Doesn't
seem to matter?  I have just about given up on the whole damn thing.

This sucks.
eds

Ed Luczycki
Network Engineer