Re: (ASCEND) Pri's and busy tone

It was the ringback tone. Kind of strange I upgraded to the ap42 software
on the boxes and only one of the boxes had this as yes. I have never used
this feature. So not quite sure why it happened.

Thanks for the sample sounds and quick response.

Bennie

>take a look at http://cicero.lyceum.com/audio/
>there are two sounds here,
>listen to them and see which one you're getting,
>if it is ringback, you don't need it, and can turn it off.
>
>the K56Flex V.8bis tone,
>Ethernet->Mod Config->TServ options->MDM Modulation=K56
>
>and the modem "ringback" tone
>Ethernet->Mod Config->Modem Ringback=Yes
>
>-Jim H
>
>At 12:39 1998/02/11 -0800, Bennie Warren wrote:
>>I am trying to find some information fast. I have had pri's since
>>November. In the last couple of weeks I have noticed a new tone only
>>sometimes when a customer dials in. It is a steady busy tone for about 1
>>- 2 seconds then the modem signals. Some people can't connect because of
>----
>Jim Howard             Sr Network Engineer        Lyceum Internet
>jhoward@lyceum.com     http://www.lyceum.com/     404.248.1733
>
>My PGP Public Key: http://www.lyceum.com/~jhoward/pgp-key.txt
>Fingerprint: 7E8B E2BA 1314 2535 CB08  CFF9 119B 7CD3 2488 954D

Bennie Warren             /\
LemooreNet               / /
320 West D Street       / /
Lemoore, CA  93245     / /    /\    /\