Re: (ASCEND) Pri's and busy tone

At 13:54 1998/02/11 -0800, Kevin A. Smith wrote:
>Most likely the modem ring-back tone:

>If it was not there before, then maybe you changed the software and/or
>config recently?

Actually, there was a release somewhere around the time that K56
was first introduced that ringback was broken (at least on my system),
so even if enabled it wasn't heard...
around September or October, maybe 5.0Ai13? p24? p27?
I think it works again now in Ap36, and in 6.0 beta.

and everyone is asking, "why was he trying to use ringback?"
well it was because back when I first recorded the V.8bis tone
(listed in an earlier message) I tried to record the ringback tone,
and it wouldn't, um, "ring back" as it were.

-Jim H
----
Jim Howard             Sr Network Engineer        Lyceum Internet
jhoward@lyceum.com     http://www.lyceum.com/     404.248.1733

My PGP Public Key: http://www.lyceum.com/~jhoward/pgp-key.txt
Fingerprint: 7E8B E2BA 1314 2535 CB08  CFF9 119B 7CD3 2488 954D