Re: (ASCEND) Clients DNS

We currently run a DNS for the LAN and do have some that insist upon
using their modems as well.  I have yet to hear a complaint from those for
whom we set the dns to point to the server on the LAN.  Just lucky, I
guess.  The internal DNS is mostly to satisfy the proxy server's reverse
lookups in addition to providing a central master list for a few renegade
address assigning-type people:)  So, actual use of the DNS by clients is
pretty limited, or perhaps the failure of the local DNS simply forces the
client to use the 'connectoid' DNS setup(?) YMMV, eh.