Re: (ASCEND) ISDN calls fail w/ 5.0Ap23?

On Wed, Feb 11, 1998 at 07:16:56PM -0500, Jim Freeman wrote:
> Acend-Users:
>
> I am currently experiencing a problem with ISDN calls failing with connect
> progress code 10 and disconnect cause 1.
>
> When this happens, I will get a spurt of different users having it all at
> the same time using various TAs into a particular MAX.
>
> I remembered some mention on the list of certain releases which stop
> processing ISDN calls correctly, but I was unable to track that down on
> Nexial.

TR#2554, introduced in p16 and finally fixed in p33. We are still on p13
due to TR#2554 and other problems we had with p33 (users dialing in with
MP/MPP and authed by RADIUS were dropped instantly) and did not yet try
to upgrade again (I have no feedback to this MP problems for a month
now).

> If it is a problem with release 5.0Ap23, then please let me know. I don't
> really want to upgrade if it isn't related because I have had good success
> with this one, 150+ days uptime on one box.

2554 stroke us when we used p27. We had p24 and p21 (IIRC) running before
this without the problem. When 2554 came up we tried to downgrade but to
no success - 2554 was there and it was there to stay. Only p13 got us
running again.

> Otherwise, I will probably be putting 5.0Ap42 on one or more boxes.

Chances are that this solves your problem. We have both Mx2k and 1.8k
on p38 and p42 without much hassle (but they have no MP peers defined in
RADIUS so we cannot conclude that the problem we had with p33 is no
longer there). At least 2554 was solved in p33 so if your problem is
actually 2554 upgrading will help you.

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck (ABPSoft) beck@ibh-dd.de XLink PoP Dresden | o |