Re: (ASCEND) NAT in pipeline

>From: Er Chee Teck <cheeteck@post1.com>
>My ISP are only willing to give me 16 IP addresses, but I have around 25
>users needed to connect to the internet. I tried using the NAT
>functionality in the pipeline 75, but I manage to able to get one users
>out to the net only. My pipeline is configured with the official IP and
>all my clients are configured with private IP and the gateway points to
>pipeline 75.
>
>Any thing I have miss out ? Or the NAT fuunctionality in Pipeline 75 only
>supports dynamic ip address ?

If having 16 _simultaneous_ users connecting to the Internet is adequate, a
better solution in this situation is running a DHCP server. Use it to make
a pool of your addresses. Any number of people will be able to connect,
with the number of simultaneous users limited by the size of your DHCP pool.

Peter Lalor
Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com
http://www.infoasis.com/