Re: (ASCEND) Suggestions for better performance routing IPX ??

> All:
> Have a pair of P-75's connecting two small lans.  There is a novell
> server on one lan, 2nd lan has only workstations. The @nd lan's p75
> is set to use a static route for connection to the server.
>
> While it all works, I'm seeing rather poor perfomance numbers in the
> neighborhood of 60% or so for ACU/CLU (?) when the IPX connection is
> up.  This is contrasted by 90-95% numbers when routing IP to our
> ISP.

Are you seeing slow transfers or just low numbers on the status
screen?

I also have two locations separated by P-75s, but I have a Netware
server on each side. I tried a quick NCOPY between the two servers
with a single channel and watched the Pipe monitor screen while it
went. Interesting... 495k DOC (compressible) file took about 40 sec
to go in either direction (12.4k/s). While copying from central to
remote, the remote Pipe showed about 85% CLU/ALU and the central
100%. When copying the other way (remote to central) the remote pipe
showed around 10% while the central showed 100%. Sending a ZIP file
worked about the same, but at about 6k/s. In other words, the
performance seems reasonable but the monitor screen is behaving
oddly. Is this the case with you too?

My remote is running 5.0Ap13, and central is running 5.0Ap3, FWIW.

Danny Williams
Caldwell Trust Company
Venice, Florida   USA
mailto:danny@ctrust.com