(ASCEND) Suggestions for better performance routing IPX ??

All:
Have a pair of P-75's connecting two small lans.  There is a novell
server on one lan, 2nd lan has only workstations.
The @nd lan's p75 is set to use a static route for connection to the
server.

While it all works, I'm seeing rather poor perfomance numbers in the
neighborhood of 60% or so for ACU/CLU (?) when the IPX connection is
up.  This is contrasted by 90-95% numbers when routing IP to our ISP.

Any suggestion on how to improve performance with IPX ??

TIA
Bob