Re: (ASCEND) NavisAccess questions

I spoke with Stephen on the phone about these items, but just to reply for
all:

At 09:28 AM 2/11/98 -0800, Stephen Chen wrote:
>We finally got our Navis to produce some semi-useful graphs.  Thanks to all
>those who responded to my previous inqueries.  I have discovered some new
>questions along the way:
>
>What type of hardware is recommended to monitor about 80 MAX 4K??  We are
>currently testing Navis on a 128Meg Sun Sparc5 running Solaris 2.5, and the
>performance is horrible.

In our lab here, the minimum machine is the Enterprise 1 (167mhz) and that
runs well for our test purposes. Of course, in the Enterprise Family - the
Enterprise 1 is low-end.  The higher machine, the better performance
especially if you are going to being monitoring a lot of devices.

>Is there a way to monitor each one of the WAN port independently??  We have
>different phone numbers going into each WAN port and we want to know the
>call statistics for each ports.  Scheduling can not be used because it is
>not available with the Solaris version (as well as "publish to web").

What Stephen actually wanted was to see calls by DNIS. We do have this
particular report in the upcoming 4.1 release of NavisAccess.