(ASCEND) Ascend RADIUSd SQL patch version 0.2

Hi,

I have just completed testing of v0.2 of my RADIUSd SQL patch.

For those of you not familiar with it, it converts Ascend's version of
radiusd to log into a MySQL database. This makes real-time queries on your
radius logs _much_ faster. No query tools are included in this
distribution (yet).

I feel that the modifications are pretty stable, I have been using v0.1 as
our primary radius server since September last year and have had no
problems at all.

Changes in this version:

- Updated to Ascend's radius-971222 distribution.
- Fixed quotes in SQL query string.
- Added support for Irix 5.3 in Makefile.
- Added Ascend-Xmit-Rate logging.
- Added NO_LOG_DETAIL option to blow off the "detail" file altogether
  (untested).
- Misc code cleanups.

If you have been using the original version of this patch (v0.1), then you
will probably want to update you databases to support the new
Ascend_Xmit_Rate field. (You don't _have_ to). You can do this simply
using the mysql command-line monitor:

echo "alter table radius_log add column \
Ascend_Xmit_Rate int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';" \
| mysql radius radius_log

Do this at an off-peak time as it will make you database unavailable for a
while.

You can find a diff against Ascend's radius-971222.tar.gz and a tar.gz of
the modified version at:

http://prometheus.projectx.com.au/~dmiller/radiusd-sql/

I am interested in hearing any feedback or suggestions that you may have.

Regards,
Damien Miller