RE: (ASCEND) My users want v.90 NOW!

I am not directly involved in any of this, but from experience you will not
see equipment being really v.90 capable until around the summer. Then there
is the issue of v.90 not being a real standard until its ratification in
September this year.

I would guess Ascend will have some code out (for the server side - you will
have to locate client side yourself) sometime around the summer. This will
give the modem chip / DSP software vendors to code v.90 and then people will
have a few months to tune their implementations.

I am not intimate with the ITU-T process, but I suspect there is still a
chance for changes in the final standard (sorry - recommendation) until
September.

Peter